Overmyer Construction provides servicing for the Northeastern Pennsylvania region for windows, roofing, siding, doors, and additions.
Northeast Pennsylvania can get its share of bad weather, which can cause considerable damage to shingles, siding, exterior as well the interior of your home due to ice, wind or water.
If you have sustained any damages due to weather Please Call Us Immediately so we can help, and take the necessary precautions to avoid future damages.
A few tips to stay warm and save Energy follows; as always Overmyer Construction looks forward to assisting your needs.
- Inspect your home and seal any cracks or openings around windows, doors, fireplaces, pipes, electrical outlets and bathroom, kitchen or clothes dryer vents.
- If you own an older home, adding storm doors and windows can reduce heat loss by up to 50 percent.
- Purchase plastic window covering kits or interior storm window kits. Carefully follow instructions.
- Add insulation to your attic, as well as any walls and floors that are adjacent to an unheated space such as a garage.
- Have your furnace or heating unit serviced to ensure it is working safely and efficiently. Replace furnace filters regularly.
- Set your thermostat at 68 degrees and dress warmly. Use more blankets at night.
- Open draperies on sunny days; close them at night and on cloudy days.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs, which are more energy-efficient and last longer than traditional light bulbs.
- Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 115 degrees F.
- Turn off electric appliances when not in use.